How can I help you?
At RK Legal I manage Business Advisory & Litigation Department which offers comprehensive legal assistance to entrepreneurs in their everyday operations.
I specialize in matters related with HR and labour law as well as conducting complex court proceedings. For over 10 years, I have been providing services to entities from the automotive, leasing, banking and production sectors.
My experience in providing legal services to companies focuses on employment issues and complex court proceedings. Below you can find the description of key matters in which I help the business owners everyday.
I have been successful in many employment-related lawsuits, including claims concerning appeals against the so-called “disciplinary” terminations with or without notice, workplace discrimination, overtime and severance pay, declaratory relief establishing the employment relationship, non-competition clause violations, etc.
Court proceedings for compensation claims
I have been a member of litigation teams for cases in which a settlement was achieved or a court victory in the form of award for the client or dismissal of the counterparty’s claims in more than 40 cases. Many of them have involved compensation matters, especially for the personal and property protection companies. I support entrepreneurs in business disputes on contractual penalties and claims related with withdrawal from or termination of business contracts.
Ongoing services in labour law
I have been supporting companies in comprehensive handling of employment-related matters — the employment process, termination of employment contracts with employees, working time settlement, social insurance. I have coordinated audits of the entire employee documentation along with internal regulation.
I train our clients in labour law, including whistle-blowers, counteracting workplace harassment, corporate compliance, working time, or employee documentation. I conduct workshops for clients on the recent changes in the labour law.
Corporate services for companies
I conduct actions related with commencement of business activity, restructuring, providing opinion on and drafting business contracts.
I advise in matters of trade, contract security and protection of intellectual property.
I carry out projects related with both employment restructuring as well as collective redundancies. Recently, I have successfully completed an employment restructuring process involving several dozen employees for a client from the leasing sector.
As a part of my labour law practice, I have often dealt with difficult and unconventional topics, e.g. workplace harassment, where my legal skills had to go hand in hand with soft skills, such as emotional intelligence, trust building, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Member of AIJA — International Association of Young Lawyers.
- Co-author of the book: “Zatrudnieni i zatrudniający na aktualnym rynku pracy” [Employees and Employers in the Current Employment Market], published in 2012 by LexisNexis (collaborative study by: M. Gersdorf, M. Raczkowski, R. Wyziński).
- Speaker during conferences and congresses on HR market and labour law (inter alia a speech during the 7th Congress — HR Summit, entitled “The New Normality and the Labour Law” Puls Biznesu (2020).
- “Praca zdalna nieprędko doczeka się uregulowania w kodeksie” [We Shall Wait for Long Until the Remote Work is Regulated in the Code], Prawo.pl (2020)
- “Praca zdalna – wyzwania dla branży finansowej” [Remote Work — Challenges for the Finance Sector], Polska Agencja Prasowa (2020)
- “Pracownik musi być w centrum uwagi” [Employee Must Be the Centre of Attention], Puls Biznesu (2020)
- “Zmiany w gromadzeniu danych podczas rekrutacji” [Changes in Data Collection During the Recruitment Process], Rzeczpospolita (2019)
- “Nowelizacja Kodeksu pracy – będzie więcej spraw o mobbing, łatwiej będzie wyegzekwować świadectwo pracy“ [Amendment to the Labour Code — More Workplace Harassment Cases, Certificate of Employment Easier to Recover], Rzeczpospolita (2019)
- “Firmy nie znają nowych regulacji dotyczących zmian w aktach pracowniczych” [Companies Do Not Know New Regulations Concerning Changes in Employee Records], Rzeczpospolita (2018)
- “Od nowego roku pracodawców czeka spore zamieszanie“, [A Lot of Confusion Awaits Employers as of the New Year], Rzeczpospolita (2018)
- 2021 “Legal aspects of remote work” – the 8th Congress — HR Summit, Puls Biznesu.
- 2021 “Retroactive medical certificate. How it works and when it may be issued by the doctor.” — Dzień Dobry TVN.
- 2021 Panel: “Personal data protection and the labour law” — “GDPR in the Times of Pandemic” Conferences, Rzeczpospolita.
- 2021 “New regulations on home quarantine — changes.” — Dzień Dobry TVN.
- 2021 “Most common mistakes while terminating contracts of employment during the pandemic. How to part with employees properly and without risk?” — substantive webinar of the Association of Financial Companies in Poland.
- 2020 “New Normality and the Labour Law” — the 7th Congress — HR Summit, Puls Biznesu.
- 2019 Panel: “Protection of personal data of employees and recruited persons” —conference entitled “A Year with GDPR — Are you ready for an audit?”, Rzeczpospolita.
- 2019 “Secure recruitment process and safe employment” — 19th Conference of the Security Sector.
- Advocate Traineeship — Warsaw Bar Association (2013)
- Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw (2010)